Today was the first day of home school. By way of background, we will be leaving Zambia in a couple of months. The Zambian school year runs in calendar years, and our 7-year-old daughter, Leia (the General), finished second grade in December. The school she was attending only runs up to second grade, so we had to decide how to fill the next three months for her. Instead of enrolling her in a new school with all the anxiety that may cause, we decided to home school her until we figure out where our next permanent base will be.
- Playing with FIRE – worth getting burnt? November 19, 2019
- The Center of the World…for a limited time only November 15, 2019
- Show me the money – Part 2 November 11, 2019
- Financial independence in Zambia – the humble penny October 28, 2019
- One year on: 10 things that changed for the Reluctant Chautauquan October 9, 2019
This site contains some affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of these links, this site may earn a commission. Not enough to get rich unfortunately. More like enough to buy a cheap cup of coffee. But we are grateful regardless, as we like coffee.
We hope you find this site helpful and entertaining. None of what we write about should be taken as advice. Our views reflect our personal opinions. When we can be bothered, we try to ensure what we say is accurate. But we often have 4 kids running around while we’re writing – which is why some of what we write is pure garbage. You are however responsible for your own choices.